Mapping a New Drive or Modifying an Existing Mapped Drive
- Click the Drive Mapping tab.
- To create a new mapped drive, select the check box for the drive letter you want to use. If you are modifying an existing mapped drive, you can change any of the elements described in Steps 3 and 4.
- Type the local file system path or drive that you are mapping to the drive letter in the corresponding field. For example, in Windows, to map "C:\myfiles\drive\," type:
- Click the dropdown list and select a level of access:
- Read Only: Read only access. You can view files on your local machine, but you cannot create, delete, edit, or save files.
- Read/Write: Full access. You can view, create, delete, edit, and save files on your local machine.
Note: When you connect to the server, you may find that the local drive or path is not mapped to the drive letter you assigned. This happens if you map a
drive or path to a letter already used by a local drive on the server. Your drive is mapped to a new drive letter, starting at V and counting
Warning: The ICA Java Client cannot lock local files. To prevent file corruption, do not access the same file with two or more applications at the same time.