Bitmap caching stores commonly used graphical objects, such as bitmaps, on your local device. If the connection is bandwidth-limited, bitmap caching increases performance. If the client is on a high-speed LAN, you do not need bitmap caching.
To configure bitmap caching, click the Bitmap Cache tab. Then:
- To enable bitmap caching, select the Enable bitmap cache by default check box.
- To change the amount of disk space to use for the bitmap cache, move the Amount of disk space to use slider to select a value between 10MB and 100MB.
- To change the bitmap cache directory, click Change Directory. The Change Bitmap Cache Directory dialog box appears. Type a new directory path in the field.
- To change the minimum size of bitmap to cache, move the The minimum size bitmap that will be cached is
slider to select a value between 2KB and 64KB.
- To clear the bitmap cache, click Clear Cache Now.