Mapping a New Drive or Modifying an Existing Mapped Drive
For general information on client drive mapping,
- Select the server drive letter you want to use.
- Type the local file system path or drive that you are mapping to the drive
letter. Alternatively, browse to the relevant location
by using the Browse button.
- Select a level of access:
- Read Only: Read only access. You can view files on your local
machine, but you cannot create, delete, edit, or save files.
- Read/Write: Full access. You can view, create, delete, edit, and
save files on your local machine.
- The drive is enabled by default, but if you want to disable it, clear the
Enable drive check box.
Note: When you connect to the server, you may find that the local
drive or path is not mapped to the drive letter you assigned. This happens if
you map a drive or path to a letter already used by a local drive on the server.
Your drive is mapped to a new drive letter, starting at V and counting
Warning: The client cannot lock local files. To prevent file
corruption, do not access the same file with two or more applications at the