Join The Alumni Association!
The Alumni Association of Nassau Community College, Ltd., a not-for-profit corporation, was founded in 1985 to create and maintain, among the College's graduates, an abiding sense of personal commitment to the life and growth of Nassau Community College.
The Alumni Association is a non-profit organization whose membership is composed of dues-paying graduates of Nassau Community College. The organization is led by elected officers and directors who are also graduates and dues-paying members.
We, the Alumni of Nassau Community College, in order to create and maintain in the Alumni, an abiding sense of personal commitment to, and individual responsibility for, the life and growth of Nassau; to affirm Nassau's traditions and goals by encouraging a fraternal spirit among the alumni; and to keep them ever aware of and dedicated to a life of service and value, do hereby establish this Constitution.
Membership is open to all Degree and Certificate recipients of Nassau Community College. The LIFETIME membership fee is $50.00. Membership fees are used primarily to fund the NCC Alumni Association Scholarship Program.
The Association has established a scholarship program to provide funds for both continuing students and newly enrolled students. Scholarships are granted to students who demonstrate a high grade point average and financial need. The Association strives to increase the number of scholarships each year. The ultimate goal is to award a scholarship to a student from every high school in the County who plans to enroll at Nassau
OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
The officers of the Association are: President; First Vice President; Second Vice President; Treasurer; Parliamentarian; Secretary and Directors.
The officers and directors meet approximately at 6-week intervals during the school year to make decisions on policy and programs concerning the Association.
Election of officers and directors is held in June of each year at the Annual Membership meeting. All members interested in being nominated for any position should contact the Alumni Office for procedures.
BENEFITS TO MEMBER
• Use of College Library.
• Use of Computer Resource Center.
• Use of Physical Education Complex.
• Yearly Social Events.
• Career Counseling/Job Fair
• Discount Tickets to NCC Theatre.
• Newsletter: An Alumni Newsletter, "ALUM NOTES" is published periodically to provide members with news of the Association and the College.
• Scholarships for graduating students; full/time continuing students; part/time continuing students and incoming high school students from Nassau/Suffolk County.
• Commencement: All Alumni are encouraged to attend NCC's Graduation Exercises each May.
• Invitation to the Alumni Assoc. General Membership Meeting.
• Lectures - Association sponsors – free and open to public. Lectures on topics of general interest.
• Laminated Lifetime Membership Card.
Election of officers and directors is held in June of each year at the
Annual Membership meeting. All members interested in being nominated for
any position should contact the Alumni Office for procedures.
to download printable menbership
your information on the form field, print out and send to:ALUMNI
ASSOCIATION OF NASSAU COMMUNITY COLLEGE, LTD.
One Education Drive, Garden City, NY 11530-6793
(your cancelled check is your receipt)
If you would like information concerning the Alumni Association, please
contact the Alumni Office,
at (516) 572-7484